– 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and adjustable output versions
– Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.23V to 37V 3% max over line and load conditions
– Guaranteed 5A output load current
– Input voltage range up to 40V
– Requires only 4 external components
– 150kHz 15% fixed frequency internal oscillator
– Excellent line and Load regulation specifications
– Low power standby mode, IQ typically 80%micro;A
– Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
The LM1501A series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down switching regulator, capable of driving a 5A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V and an adjustable output version. Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use. The LM1501A series operates at a switching frequency of 150kHz. Available in standard 5-lead TO-263 and TO-220 packages.
Other features include a guaranteed 3% tolerance on output voltage under specified input voltage and output load conditions, and 15% on the oscillator frequency. External shutdown is included, featuring typically 80µA standby current. Self protection features include a current limit for output switch and an over temperature shutdown for complete protection under fault conditions. The over temperature shutdown level is about 145°C with 5°C hysteresis.