-Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range, 1.23V to 52V ±4%
– Max over Line and Load conditions
– Guaranteed Output Current of 3A
– Fixed Output Voltages : 3.3V, 5.0V, 12V and 15V
– Wide Input Voltage Range 60V
– 52 kHz Fixed Frequency Oscillator
– TTL Shutdown Capability, Low Power Standby Mode
– Requires only 4 External Components
– High Efficiency
– Use Readily Available Standard Inductors
– Available in TO-220, TO-263 and SOP-8PP Packages
– Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
– Moisture Sensitivity Level 3 for SMD Packages
The LM2576HV series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving 3A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5.0V, 12V, 15V and adjustable output versions.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation and a fixed-frequency oscillator. The LM2576HV series offers a high-efficiency replacement for popular three-terminal linear regulators. It substantially reduces the size of the heat sink, and in some cases no heat sink is required. A standard series of inductors optimized for use with the LM2576HV are available from several different manufacturers. This feature greatly simplifies the design of switch-mode power supplies. Other features include a guaranteed ±4% tolerance on output voltage within specified input voltages and output load conditions, and ±10% on the oscillator frequency. External shutdown is included, featuring 50µA (typical) standby current. The output switch includes cycle-by-cycle current limiting, as well as thermal shutdown for full protection under fault conditions.